Amanda and Jazmine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor and Nurses deposition

Go down

Doctor and Nurses deposition Empty Doctor and Nurses deposition

Post  molly Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 am

Yesterday, finally, after waiting for six years we heard from the doctor and nurse who were in charge of Amanda's care the last day of her life. The both freely admit that they were aware of the sedative side effects of the drug they gave her and that they do not remember giving her or I warnings of this. (that would because they did not). They both said that since we were together that they assumed that I was driving and that Amanda and Jazmine were my passengers. It amazed me how little they recall from that day because in my mind every detail is vivid. The nurse did not even remember that I too was a patient and the doctor did not remember what day of the week it was. There were many more inconsistiancies in their recollection. Their deminer brought me right back to that day when she and I got the feeling that they couldn't care less about her. It's sad to me that they don't really seem to care to have any connection with their patients. If they had, just a little, that day maybe they would have made the effort to find out if she was driving or not.

molly

Back to top Go down

Doctor and Nurses deposition Empty Re: Doctor and Nurses deposition

Post  molly Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:04 pm

cat got your tongues?

molly

Back to top Go down

Post  Margie Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:15 pm

And, even if they thought that you were together in one car, who's to say that you would be the one driving? Maybe you didn't have a license, or it was Amanda's car - any number of reasons. They should not have assumed that since you were the oldest there, that you would be driving. Part of their care as they send off each and every patient should be to see to it that they are sent off safely and with thorough instructions. Making assumptions is obviously quite dangerous when you are practicing medicine. When you hold people's lives in your hands, being precise and thorough is essential.

Margie

Back to top Go down

Post  MaureenN Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:54 pm

At first, I thought, well, it probably is hard for them to remember what happened one day at work about 6 years ago. But, then I realized that it I had made a mistake that cost two lives, I don't think that I could ever forget it.

MaureenN

Back to top Go down

Post  Margie Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I might be wrong, but didn't the clinic call like the next day or so to see how Amanda was doing, and Molly had to tell them that she was dead. So, I am pretty sure that they must have run through the entire visit at least a few times in their head, wondering and questioning how she could have died right after leaving there. You wouldn't be like, "Oh, what a shame," and then move on with your day and life. They HAD to do some thinking about that visit, so I am quite sure that their memories are much sharper than they say.

Margie

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:59 pm

I have to agree with Maureen. There is no way that I could ever forget making a mistake that cost 2 lives. It would be with me every day of mine. At least it sounds like they are not claiming that they gave warnings that they clearly did not. I hope that is a sign that they realize what they did to Amanda and Jazmine, and Molly and Farrell and Stephen, and to all the rest of us that love them.

Betty

Back to top Go down

Post  Donna Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:00 am

When they heard about the accident, or when they got notice from a lawyer, didn't they immediately say Oh Sh..! And have a mtg., and consider that there w/ be a lawsuit? And wouldn't you review the case before a deposition? Does seem very uncaring! But gives an insight into their concern...

Donna

Back to top Go down

Doctor and Nurses deposition Empty Iowa family

Post  Judith Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:02 am

If the Dr. & Nurse had a lawyer, they were prepped for the court date. And, the lawyer would have gone over charts and memories and basically "told" them how to answer the questions. "I do not remember", or "it is not clear", or any of those vague statements are just a way to keep your lawyer from pressing on the subject. The judge will eventually say "asked and answered" if your lawyer presses to much. No, I do not have a law degree, just some experience with my girls nut nut ex husband and court. If I am to be on the stand, her lawyer is very concise on what I can and cannot say, how to get something in that might be deemed "overruled" ... but once said is heard and can not be ignored. So, "forgot", "can't remember" ... B.S. You know they remember CLEARLY in the a.m. hours of the morning when they can not sleep! We, your Iowa family love you all and HOPE it ends soon and well for you!

Judith

Back to top Go down

Post  Marla Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 am

I'm sorry, I did not know about this message board until today. I am glad to have a place to come and check on all of the goings on of this trial. I truly hope that it can end soon so that everyone involved can begin to heal.

Marla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum